11.12.08

 

un courrier de Donna Balma

Hi Danielle:

How wonderful to hear from you. Thanks for taking time from a very busy
schedule. I am astonished that no-one has decided to take the train
station! It is such an important public work, although I just learned
that Judy Chicago (a very famous American woman artist) who's seminal
work "The Dinner Party" was done in the 70's and which sat in crates
until 2 years ago has been just added to the permanent collection at
the Jewish Museum in New York. Now if she'd been a man the work would
have been bought by one of the big public Museums years ago. It makes
me furious that women artists have to resort to being "courageous" and
"patient"

i am hindered by the loss of sight in one eye and cannot work as much
as I would like. I can't do those very detailed drawings anymore. But I
have come up with the idea of knitted work for an installation. You see
they can't keep us women down!

The Raw Visions discussion group died quite awhile ago. Everyone has
gone to Facebook and doing personal blogs and joining worthy causes to
save the planet. You may want to check it out on your computer.

I would love to see a copy of your catalogue Danielle.

Comments: Enregistrer un commentaire



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?